Terms & Conditions
Applications for Call 3 AUDIO are open
Applications for Film and Interactive will open again for the last call in April
Please read the Terms and Conditions fully before applying:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS CALL 3
- All Lead Creatives on a New Creatives project must be aged between 16 – 30 on the closing date for applications to the round being applied for. Lead Creatives are classified as the Writer, Director and any other key person whose vision is being portrayed.
- Lead Creatives must be a UK resident and currently living in the South East of England, UK to apply for the South East Network branch of the scheme, run by Screen South. The Arts Council South East region covers the following locations only and Lead Creatives must be living, working or studying in this area FOR THE DURATION of the project: Bedford, Central Bedfordshire, Luton, Peterborough, Southend-on-Sea, Thurrock, Bracknell Forest, Brighton and Hove, Medway, Milton Keynes, Reading, Slough, West Berkshire, Windsor and Maidenhead, Wokingham, Cambridgeshire: Cambridge, East Cambridgeshire, Fenland, Huntingdonshire, South Cambridgeshire. Essex: Basildon, Braintree, Brentwood, Castle Point, Chelmsford, Colchester, Epping Forest, Harlow, Maldon, Rochford, Tendring, Uttlesford. Hertfordshire: Broxbourne, Dacorum, East Hertfordshire, Hertsmere, North Hertfordshire, St Albans, Stevenage, Three Rivers, Watford, Welwyn Hatfield. Norfolk: Breckland, Broadland, Great Yarmouth, King’s Lynn and West Norfolk, North Norfolk, Norwich, South Norfolk. Suffolk: Babergh, Forest Heath, Ipswich, Mid Suffolk, St Edmundsbury, Suffolk Coastal, Waveney. Buckinghamshire: Aylesbury Vale, Chiltern, South Bucks, Wycombe. East Sussex: Eastbourne, Hastings, Lewes, Rother, Wealden. Kent: Ashford, Canterbury, Dartford, Dover, Gravesham, Maidstone, Sevenoaks, Shepway, Swale, Thanet, Tonbridge and Malling, Tunbridge Wells. Oxfordshire: Cherwell, Oxford, South Oxfordshire, Vale of White Horse, West Oxfordshire. Surrey: Elmbridge, Epsom and Ewell, Guildford, Mole Valley, Reigate and Banstead, Runnymede, Spelthorne, Surrey Heath, Tandridge, Waverley, Woking. West Sussex: Adur, Arun, Chichester, Crawley, Horsham, Mid Sussex, Worthing. (Proof of address and age will be asked for if they are selected for interview) (Arts Council boundaries Map can be downloaded here)
- Applications must be submitted via our online application system: Applications may be submitted in other formats if required for access reasons and agreed in advance by Screen South. The closing deadline for Film and Interactive applications to be received is 11:59pm on the 2nd February 2020. Screen South accepts no responsibility for late, incomplete, undelivered/unreadable entries or errors in passwords or broken links.
- All applications must be the original work of the Applicant. Applicants who incorporate any images, writing, music or other creative material where rights (including intellectual property rights) belong to a third party, must obtain the third party’s express permission.
- Evidence of artistic merit, originality and the quality of your practice and ability to deliver will be the foremost consideration of the application panel.
- Shortlisted FILM applicants must be available for a development day on the 13th February 2020. Shortlisted AUDIO applicants must be available for a development day on the 24th February 2020. Shortlisted INTERACTIVE applicants must be available for a development day on the 31st March 2020. After the development days, applicants will be asked to resubmit their application. Following on from this, applicants will be shortlisted again and invited to interviews.
- Shortlisted FILM applicants must be available for interviews on ether the 3rd or 4th March 2020 and if successful be available for training days on the 12th and 13th March 2020. Shortlisted AUDIO applicants must be available for interviews on ether the 16th 17th or 18th March 2020 and if successful be available for training days on the 26th and 27th March 2020. INTERACTIVE dates TBC
- Not all successful applicants who are commissioned to produce work will be transmitted or featured on BBC services.
- The successful applicants will be commissioned by Screen South, in partnership with BBC Arts and will also be financially supported by Arts Council England and BBC Arts to produce a Film, Audio or Interactive piece that is entirely original in content. The proposed piece must adhere to the terms laid out in the Creative Brief which can be found at screensouth.org
- The successful applicants must be available between March 2020 and June 2020 to make their piece. All pieces commissioned for the New Creatives Film & Audio Call 3 must be completed and delivered by 26th June 2020.
- All Cast and Crew will need to be approved by Screen South and the Exec Producers.
- Successful applicants agree to abide by the BBC License Agreement, including First Run/Exclusivity for 12 months from delivery date or 3 months after broadcast date, whichever is sooner.
- Successful applicants agree to abide by the BBC License Agreement in regards to distribution rights which determines that the successful applicant may exploit the Distribution Rights, subject to the successful applicant making the following payments to Screen South in accordance with the Artist agreement and the following conditions: if the Content is audio-visual, fifteen percent (15%) of Net Revenue; if the Content is interactive, thirty percent (30%) of Net Revenue; or if the Content is audio, thirty percent (30%) of Net Revenue.
- Successful applicants will be expected to promote the project, be available for interviews and participate in events such as receptions, press activities and launches for New Creatives.
- All shortlisted applicants must ensure that they are available for the filming and documenting of their work and for any related editorial activity.
- Recipients of a New Creatives commission must acknowledge Arts Council England’s support on every possible/relevant occasion including acknowledgment as principal funder of the final output/project and on any promotional material for your project.
- With regards to data protection, Screen South will use each entrant’s personal details for the purpose of administering this application.
- The name, photograph and application of the successful applicants may be used by Screen South, BBC Arts and Arts Council England for publicity purposes. The successful filmmakers agree to Screen South, BBC Arts and Arts Council England using their name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes in association with New Creatives without additional remuneration.
- Any expenditure incurred or committed before a commission is granted is the responsibility of the successful applicant.
- Selection of the winning projects remains the decision of the judges. The outcome of the judges’ decision is final. There will be no recourse to appeal if applications have not been successful. Screen South will provide feedback to unsuccessful shortlisted applicants.
- All applicants must abide by all the rules set out in the Terms and Conditions regarding all areas and in particular regarding rights, clearances, legal and technical compliance. Applicants must not make any changes to the project without Screen South’s advance written permission. If an applicant deliberately gives any false or misleading information, the applicant will be withdrawn or, if already awarded the commission, will be asked to pay back any money awarded.
- Entrants under the age of 18 must have permission from their parent or guardian to apply for this project.
- Entrants will be deemed to have read and understood these Terms and Conditions and the Creative Brief, which can be found at screensouth.org, and agreed to be bound by them when applying for the New Creatives Project. If they are unclear or have any questions they can contact Screen South at email@example.com.
- Please note, these terms and conditions only govern your application to be a New Creative. In the event that you are successful, you shall be required to enter into a licence agreement to licence your content to the Centre, for onward grant to the BBC and ACE, on terms to be determined by the Centre.
The following are not eligible for the New Creatives project:
- Projects that will use the fund solely for the purchase of equipment (by “equipment” we mean musical instruments, computers, office equipment, multimedia and audio-visual equipment etc.)
- Projects that have commenced filming or been completed before the assessment of the application.
- Activities for formal educational purposes set out by the national curriculum, e.g. Degree or MA courses
- Fundraising events.
- Factual Documentary projects are not eligible for this scheme.
Apply for AUDIO here:
Please note FILM AND INTERACTIVE APPLICATIONS WILL BE OPENING AGAIN IN MARCH.
If you would like to be kept up to date when the next round opens, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Find Out More:
Not in the South East Region?
If you live outside the South East England region which covers: Bedfordshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, East Sussex, West Sussex, Essex, Hertfordshire, Kent, Norfolk, Oxfordshire, Suffolk and Surrey, you may be able to apply through one of our partner New Creatives Network Centres around the country. Please see below for links to these organisations. (Arts Council boundaries Map can be downloaded here)