Social Media and Marketing Manager
New Creatives South East
Screen South are looking for a Social Media and Marketing Manager, for the New Creatives commissioning programme
New Creatives South East is a groundbreaking initiative from the BBC & Arts Council, which is run by Screen South. We are offering life changing new digital commissions in Film, Audio and Interactive Media to over 100 new and emerging Artists and Digital Creatives across the South East aged 16-30. These commissions will reflect the diverse voice of young people from a range of creative disciplines.
Screen South are looking for a Social Media and Marketing Manager to help guide the New Creatives in building an online presence and package for which to promote themselves and their work. We are passionate about providing support and direction for these Artists and Digital Creatives so that their work can continue to have a life after New Creatives and they learn how best to distribute and promote themselves within the industry, for their future careers.
This position is a part-time role open to those seeking salaried employment or who wish to be freelance. Applicants should send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is midday on Thursday 28th March 2019 with interviews taking place on Monday 1st April 2019 in Folkestone, Kent. Successful applicants will need to be available for an event on Saturday 6th April 2019, but employment can start later.
Further information on the job role and personal specification can be found below:
- New Creatives Production Manager
- New Creatives Production Co-ordinator
- Head of Business Support
- The Space Consultancy
Type of Contract:
Part time 2.5 – 3 days per week for 21 months.
Hours of work:
Between Monday and Friday 9.30am to 5.30pm (with an hour for lunch)
Saturday 6th April 2019
Up to £26,000 per annum pro rata for 2.5 days per week.
- Working with diverse, inspirational young artists to help them create a social media plan to promote and distribute their artistic work and branding for digital and live audience engagement.
- You must be able to demonstrate a brilliant knowledge, understanding and practical application of digital marketing, content and tools and be keen to support the promotion of artists’ work
- You must be able to provide supportive and advice and guidance to new and emerging Creatives who may be new to social media distribution and marketing.
All duties to be carried out with due regard to:
- Health and Safety
- Child and Vulnerable Adult Safeguarding
- Data Protection and Confidentiality
- Equality and Diversity Policy
- It is a condition of employment with Screen South that all staff have a clear enhanced DBS check
- Devise tailored social media and digital promotion strategies for young artists commissioned as part of the major programme.
- Develop a one-to-one mentoring programme and mentor (face-to-face and remotely) young artists.
- Work with partner PR and Publicity teams on scheduling and planning press releases.
- Plan and deliver social media and digital distribution workshops to artists and creatives.
- Ensure brand consistency in marketing and social media messages by working with Screen South project managers.
- Collect audience data and analyse interactions and visits, and use this information to create comprehensive reports to inform and improve future marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Any other reasonable duties.
Minimum 2-3 years’ experience of successfully managing social media and digital marketing campaigns.
Experience on Adobe Photoshop and Video Editing Software.
Experience with a diverse range of digital and media forms – film & video / online and mobile technologies / online platforms and strategies including awareness of Search Engine Optimising.
A good knowledge of the UK arts and media sectors.
Experience of generating press releases and/or articles or blogs for newspapers, journals and websites.
Ability to travel within South East England and to work outside office hours when required.
Experience of delivering training or mentoring.
Experience of graphic design, web design for individuals and / or groups, including young people strategy.
Excellent ICT, literacy and verbal communication skills. Attention to detail.
Experience of copywriting, data collection and analysis.
Ability to work efficiently and to deadlines.
Full UK driving license.
Enthusiasm, passion and energy.
Flexible approach to work and hours to satisfy the needs of the company.